Monday, February 13, 2012

Chow Now: Crème Brûlée French Toast at Green Eggs Café

We are excited to introduce a new weekly series to the Penn Appetit blog: Chow Now! Every Monday, we'll spotlight the latest must-eat food that you HAVE to try.

My latest obsession is anything that has to do with French toast. Because I am also a dessert monger, when a dessert-French toast combination is on the menu, it is on my plate. When I was at the Green Eggs Café for a casual Saturday brunch and was handed the menu, my jaw dropped and my head started spinning when I saw Crème Brûlée French Toast. Could it be? A combination of my favorite dessert in the world and my newest obsession? I quickly made my order and was hyperventilating by the time the waitress placed it in front of me. I had to sit on my hands to stop myself from attacking it before she set it down. It was stunning. Fluffy pieces of brioche toast were smothered in a crème brûlée thick sauce, topped with beautiful strawberries and dolloped with fresh whipped cream. It was totally, and utterly sinfully delicious and for that reason must be chowed NOW.

-Amanda Shulman

No comments:

Post a Comment

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...