Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Picnic

Picnic at 3131 Walnut Street is just beyond where I think most Penn students stray. David Rittenhouse Labs is usually the furthest east any of us get in a week, but if you walk just a little further on Walnut, you will find a great lunch place. According to their website Picnic has been in operation since 2001, but I have to admit I never noticed it was there until about a month ago. Their menu is simple and they abide by the “Buy Fresh, Buy Local” slogan so beyond the soups salads and sandwiches, which change every week, you can buy local yogurts and cheese. They have some prepared comfort foods like lasagna and meatloaf that you can buy by the pound as well.
If it is your first time there, you cannot go wrong with one of their soups and a homemade biscuit.

Besides their normal takeout menu (they have limited seating, so it’s almost always takeout for me) they also pack picnic baskets. I love that I can go to Picnic and buy a picnic!

Picnic
3131 Walnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
215.222.1608

No comments:

Post a Comment

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...