Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Saturday in the City

The annual Rittenhouse Festival came at a perfect time this year: right in the middle of finals. So on Saturday, I decided to take a break from studying and walk down to Rittenhouse Square.

Not really knowing what to expect, I was amazed to find a multitude of vendors, live bands, and even a fashion show in the middle of Walnut Street. I took in the sights and sounds of the celebration; however, it was the delightful smells of Philadelphia's top restaurants that I enjoyed the most. The Rittenhouse Festival showcased freshly prepared foods from restaurants such as the Continental Midtown, Alma de Cuba, Le Castagne, and many others.




Even though the lines were long, I couldn't pass up the temptation for a delicious D'Angelo's cannoli. Now, if I could have only washed it down with a glass of champagne provided by Le Bec Fin, the day would have been perfect. But since that wasn't going to happen, I resorted to the free Starbucks coffee.

After sampling more food than I probably should have, I relaxed in the park and listened to a local band. I walked back to campus, astonished by the great afternoon I had had downtown--although I guess anything is better than studying for finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

name:
location:
comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...